Somali Greenpeace Association (SOGPA) is civil society non-profit organization led by young energetic youth. It was formed to be part of the world in tackling climate change, environmental degradations, food security and empowering youth & SOGPA is committed to promote climate and environmental justice in Somalia. It was formed in 2019 as result of climate change and environmental degradation awareness needed by the Somali People.
SOGPA is proud to announce volunteer positions within its institution to welcome young environmental prodigy’s. We would like to announce the position of:
Program Officer (3 positions):
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages all aspects of grant programs including grant program oversight and administration, grant application/proposal review and processing, coordination of grant review committee, funders and partners, oversee grant program evaluation and benchmarking, prepare reports and other duties as needed.
· Organize and coordinate the annual Community Development Workshop with partner organizations.
· Identify opportunities for new program development and expansion
· Assist with the development of strategic partnerships
· Assist with the strategic development of the organization
· Conduct research, compile data and prepare reports for consideration and presentation to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
· Attend Board, committee meetings or other meetings as requested
· Supervise staff, volunteers and other support personnel
· Assist with ongoing marketing of organization including but not limited to speaking engagements, monitoring and assisting with maintenance of the organization’s website as well as coordinating and assisting in the production of the organization’s monthly newsletter
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· 1. Have a degree in one of the following departments: health sciences, social sciences, environmental sciences or management sciences
· 2.Ability to work under pressure
· 3.Willing to work as an volunteer for the first 3 months to understand the dynamics of the Organization
· 4. Should be pro-active and team player.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.